Tuesday, January 23, 2007

State of the Union address


As you most likely know, tonight was the state of the union address from the president; on just about every channel. As usual, there were things I didn't like so much and things I agreed with. Also, it was fun to watch the gratuitous applause. I lost count of standing ovations after 10; mostly because I didn't care.

For a great play by play of the state of the union, check out my wife's blog: Nat's Chat. She also went on to make a rebuttal of the democrat rebuttal, and a great posting about why there were WMDs in Iraq:

"If my 8 and 9 year old children will hide things from me when they know I am coming - guess what? Saddam Hussein could get the WMDs out of Iraq and into the hands of terrorists or Syria or whoever.

Oftentimes, I don't have "proof" of my children's misbehavior. They leave little traces, I can tell by the look in their eyes, but the hard evidence isn't there or I wasn't present at the time of disobedience. That doesn't mean it didn't occur.

These same principles apply to dictators."
I've been saying it for years, a lot the people in the world act like children: dictators are no exception.

No comments: