Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Golden Globe results and thoughts...


Ok, ok, I didn't do so well predicting the golden globes. Oh well, I didn't really want to get them all right anyway... *sniff*... So how did I do? 5 correct out of 25. Ouch! Well, it is over and we are onto more important shows like the oscars!

Apparently, the globes had excellent ratings last night. This suprises me a bit as most people don't seem to be award show fans and well, 24 was on last night too! TiVo is great in our house because we watched the globes and TiVo-ed 24. (An interesting side note, for the first time, FOX has released 24 on DVD after a mere 12 hour window!)

The success of the 2007 globes can mean one of many things, but maybe it is that NBC promised to have all the stars from TV and film, and the viewers bought it. I mean, there are the television awards and the film awards; maybe people are tired of all the award shows and are leaning to one massive award show that celebrates film and TV. Maybe the viewers are calling for a massive show business awards program that quickly awards film, music, and TV. I know I wouldn't like that, I love the oscars, even when I only guess 20% correct.

No comments: