Sunday, January 14, 2007

Polymathic Golden Globes Predictions


Movie awards season is here and as an avid fan of movies, and a blogger, it is my blogosphere duty to make preditions of who will win and why I believe they will win. For a list of the nominees, check out the IMDb Awards page! So without further ado, on to the predictions:

Best Motion Picture - Drama: The Departed
This was the only movie nominated that I saw last year. I was a bad filmgoer! Still, it was an incredible movie! As someone said after the movie ended, it was so Scorcese-esque!

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Little Miss Sunshine
Little Miss Sunshine was such a great little movie. I don't know why Devil wears Prada was nominated as it seemed very formulaic.

Best Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama: Leonardo DiCaprio for Departed
Mr. DiCaprio has two nominations this year, how could he lose!?

Best Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Helen Mirren
I'll have to be honest, I didn't see any of the films in this category. I'll just have to honor Stephen Colbert and go with what I feel will win...

Best Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Will Ferrell
I think it is time for Will Ferrell to start winning more often.

Best Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Toni Collette
I only saw a couple of these movies, but Toni Collette in Little Miss Sunshine just has to win!

Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama: Eddie Murphy
Going with what I feel again, I'd prefer it if someone from The Departed won, but, I think Eddie Murphy will take this one.

Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Cate Blanchett
Cate Blanchett is a great actress. I am guessing here, but I think she'll take this one.

Best Director - Motion Picture: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
Even though Eastwood has the best odds of winning, I'll go with Inarritu for Babel. This movie has a ton of nominations and it seemed to be a different movie than most.

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture: Peter Morgan
Guessing again, but it is always the movie I least expect to win in the screenplay category.

Best Original Song - Motion Picture: "Listen" from Dreamgirls
Don't know... Just Guessing!

Best Original Score - Motion Picture: Babel
More guessing!

Best Foriegn Language Film: Pan's Labrynth
I've heard a lot of great things about this and the trailers look visually amazing!

Best Animated Film: Cars
Hey, one word: Pixar!

Best Television Series - Drama: 24
This is a tough category, still, I think 24 will take it!

Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy: The Office
Wow, another tough category!

Best Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for TV: Mrs. Harris
More guessing!

Best Actor in a Mini-Series: Robert Duvall for Broken Trail
Still Guessing, but Robert Duvall rocks!

Best Actress in a Mini-Series: Annette Bening for Mrs. Harris
A lot of submissions to the guessing department!

Best Actor in a TV Series - Musical or Comedy: Jason Lee
Tough category! Jason Lee is one of my favorite actors and he finally got nominated for the hilarious My Name is Earl!

Best Actress in a TV Series - Musical or Comedy: America Ferrera
More guessing, but it seems like a lot of people are talking about Ugly Betty.

Best Actor in a TV Series - Drama: Kiefer Sutherland
24 is awesome, nuff said.

Best Actress in a TV Series - Drama: Ellen Pompeo
My wife is successfully working on getting me a addicted to Grey's Anatomy. I think she'll take this one.

Best Supporting Actor in a TV Series: Masi Oka
Hey, I am a geek, and Heroes is cool! I love this guy's character and he does a great job being the teleporting man!

Best Supporting Actress in a TV Series: Sarah Paulson
Studio 60 is one of my favorite new shows of this year, I'm glad someone got nominated from it.

So what was I disappointed with this year? Where was Battlestar Galactica!?!?! Yeah, it is Sci Fi and not network, but still, it is one of the best shows I have seen in a while!

What are your predictions?!?! Leave a comment!

No comments: